City Image Signs is a national signage company that is continuously looking for talented and committed individuals. City Image Signs offers the opportunity to pursue a career that is rewarding, engaging and satisfying. We encourage you to consider a career with us and become a part of the force that drives creativity across Canada. Please fill out the form and choose which listed position or department you are interested in.
City Image Signs
City Image Signs (CIS) was formed in 2015 out of the acquisition of an existing manufacturing outlet that operated for over 35 years. Since that time, our updated manufacturing and operations model have contributed to a large national customer base and rapid expansion throughout Canada. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, CIS has garnered national acclaim by being recognized as a (3) time BOCSIes Award Winner for Best Signage in Canada over the past (3) years; the 2021 Signs of the Times “Best in Show” Award Winner; and have been featured in several national publications to highlight these achievements as well as showcase our creative, high quality, and process-based approach to the successful execution of our projects on a national stage.
Serving many sectors including retail, hospitality, real estate, commercial, and industrial – to name a few – our focus is to be a ‘one-stop comprehensive signage solutions provider for all of our clients, while offering the highest quality signage products and customer experience possible. Through the utilization of strategic partnerships, paired with an East and West in-house fabrication model, CIS is able to offer customers a variety of signage solution services in a timely and efficient manner by leveraging our strengths in design, project management, logistics production, manufacturing, procurement, professional services, and pre-construction planning.
We are looking for a strong multi-faceted Account Manager who will help find new clients, maintain and grow these new and existing client relationships, help quarterback the respective project’s teams, partner with
interdepartmental teams in daily task management, contribute to daily and weekly CRM updates and reporting, as required – all while maintaining the same client focused approach that got us so far. The successful candidate must be willing to work hard to meet and exceed sales goals all the while driving their current projects, alongside their project’s teams, through to execution and into customer follow-ups. They must be a team oriented individual that never utters “that’s not my job” and someone who takes pride in the work it takes to help ensure that projects roll-out seamlessly. We have a uniquely awesome corporate culture, and our ideal candidate will understand that what is best for the team, is best for the individual. CIS is looking to commit to your success, all we ask is that you commit to ours.
Although an understanding of the signage industry is a huge asset, we are looking for someone who wants to make a difference in a growing company. If the thought of being part of an award-winning team and producing amazing signage brightens your day, then keep scrolling as this position could be for you!
● Show effective time management while splitting time between prospecting new business opportunities, closing sales across Canada, and driving closed projects through to effective completion.
● Maintain a focus on client experience throughout the project lifecycle.
● Be detail oriented and committed to effective contract management with clients and service partners.
● Engage in strong qualification of new opportunities to identify projects that are a good fit for the company.
● Effective transfer of projects from Qualifying into Design and subsequent Estimating.
● Be an active participant in the review and management of estimates, proposal submissions, and follow-ups.
● Have an entrepreneurial mindset with a real focus on building new relationships into long-term partnerships for repeat business.
● Manage and grow existing accounts.
● Strategize selling opportunities and the subsequent required tactical approaches with the team.
● Be accountable for all aspects of the project through effective communication with all key stakeholders, including but not limited to; the client, site contacts, project sub-trades, professional service providers, and CIS teammates.
● Engage the project team by hosting key project team huddles and handoff meetings.
● Effective utilization of the CRM / Project Management Software to conduct key project communications to both internal and external stakeholders as well as to support projects efficiently.
● Work within the Project Lifecycle Process Map and with the Project Team to identify, capture, report and action any changes and/or risks to project scope, while recommending solutions.
● Thoroughly understand our value proposition and match it to our customer needs.
● Demonstrate a willingness to travel for business, as required for; trade shows, conferences & events; client meets; prospecting activities; & site specific project requirements.
● Be a key contributor to our perpetual drive to be a leader of the North American signage industry in design, quality, service, seamless execution, and customer experience!
● Proven success in closing deals and generating new business.
● Strong track record of building and maintaining a customer base with annual revenue expectations of $1M +.
● Ability to plan and bring consistency to ongoing prospecting activities.
● Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple activities and projects occurring simultaneously.
● Team orientated relationship builder with a positive attitude.
● Display a strong understanding of Google Suite functions (Google Sheets / Google Docs / Gmail / Drive / etc).
● Provide strong problem-solving skills.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
● Access to a reliable vehicle with an Alberta Class 5 Licence (or provincial equivalent) and have a clean drivers abstract.
● Minimum of (2) years proven sales experience. Signage sales experience preferred, but not required.
● 1-2 years of experience in managing projects beyond the point of sale preferred, but not required.
What we offer:
● Competitive base salary + Commissions (uncapped of course).
● Company Wide gross margin bonus incentives.
● Account Manager total annual income expectations are $100,000+.
● Comprehensive benefits package.
● Monthly paid team lunches.
● Free employee snack pantry (Coffee / tea / drinks and snacks).
● Employee education program.
● Company phone and desktop/laptop computer.
● A company culture focused on employee experience, touchpoints, team building and feedback.
Although signage sales experience is an asset, our successful candidate will be multifaceted in finding solutions, applying strategies, executing tactics, learning new methods of operating, working independently, and being an
excellent communicator – all for the benefit of delivering the highest quality customer experience for our clients, and in turn contributing to the ongoing growth and success of the organization. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all employees and their abilities make our business stronger.
Learn more about us at https://www.cityimagesigns.com
*Candidates must be bondable (pass required background checks).
*Valid Driver’s License with clean record required.
Sign Production and Manufacturing Technician
City Image Signs
We are City Image Signs (CIS), formed in 2015 out of an acquisition of an existing manufacturing outlet that operated for over 35 years. Our updated manufacturing and operations have led to a large customer base and rapid expansion throughout Canada. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, CIS has garnered national acclaim and awards including being named a 2-time BOCSI Award Winner for Best Signage in Canada, in addition to being featured in Sign Media magazine for our achievements and our creative, quality and process-based approach to successful projects nationwide.
Servicing sectors such as retail, hospitality, real estate, commercial and private corporations – our focus is being a “one-stop shop” – offering customers a variety of signage solution services through successful project management, logistics, production, manufacturing, procurement and professional services, as well as the development of strategic installation and professional partnerships.
The successful candidate would play an instrumental role in the fabrication of signage solutions for our clients. While working extensively with aluminum, steel, Lexan and LEDs (amongst other materials) candidates must also have the ability to read and interpret construction drawings. The candidate must be self-managing and able to work independently as well as partner with other team members. If this sounds like you, producing amazing signage brightens your day, and being part of an award-winning team piques your interest, then keep scrolling – as this position could be for you!
- Be multifaceted and able to transition easily between different tasks as production requires.
- Experience in vinyl plotting and application as well as channel letter manufacturing processes including bending/stapling channel coil, trim cap and assembly.
- Demonstrates a knowledge and background in usage of paint booth and associated requirements and tasks a huge plus
- Interest in electrical wiring requirements for the signage industry. (including LED Layout and wiring- training will be provided)
- Knowledgeable in signage software including but not limited to – Corel, Sign Wizard and Flexi Sign
- Understanding of CNC machining and file set up a plus
- Be familiar and compliant with the Alberta OHS regulations a plus. (other required certifications -including WHMIS -will be provided if necessary)
- Comfortable managing multiple projects at once
- Previous sign manufacturing experience preferred, but will provide training to the right person
- Fabrication and assembly of signs.
- Report to shop foreman for daily tasks and production requirements
- Meet required production timelines
- Strong attention to detail in a fast paced, changing environment
- Maintain quality control assurance by submitting to operational guidelines
- Complete routine Health & Safety controls
- Work with cross functional teams in order to Produce/Manufacture signage requirements.
- Familiar with machine set up and maintenance requirements ensuring any maintenance is reported to management for servicing.
- Usage of proper PPE requirements during production of all signage Although we are looking at experience, our successful candidate will be multifaceted in finding solutions, applying strategies, taking direction, learning new methods, working independently and being an excellent communicator for the success of CIS. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions out of all employees – their diverse backgrounds and abilities make our business stronger.
Learn more about us at https://www.cityimagesigns.com/aboutus
*Candidate must be bondable (pass required background checks)
*Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits package